Maker and role
Jackson and Sharp Company (estab. 1869, closed 1901), Manufacturer
Late 19th Century
See full details
Wood, metal, paint
115 x 334 x 73" (292.1 x 848.4 x 185.4cm)
Used to transport explosives at DuPont's Carney's Point Works near Penns Grove, New Jersey, this boxcar was in use for more than fifty years. It is the sole surviving example of a custom-built boxcar built by the Jackson and Sharp Company.
Currently on display?
Be the first to comment on this object record.